Task Teams are assembled to bring together people with specific interests and appropriate expertise to tackle issues that cross Node and/or Facility boundaries.
Teams will assess particular issues, generally arising from IMOS Annual Planning Meetings, and where appropriate, develop projects to address them.
- Tackling issues of national relevance related to bio-optical measurements and interpretation.
- Integrating zooplankton observations from multiple platforms with biogeochemical and ecosystem models.
- Improving consistency among IMOS radiometric measurements in view of improving their usability for research and for validation of international satellite ocean colour products.
- Planning the future of radiometric measurements in IMOS
- Developing a national approach to synthesis and analysis of IMOS ATF data and use these analyses to inform future aspects of acoustic telemetry networks.
- Exploring the potential for IMOS for underpin research into HAB forecasting and work towards a HABs forecasting system.