The December issue includes the following stories:
- Launch of the new look Highlights document,
- IMOS Christmas Card competition,
- Report on National Ichthyoplankton Monitoring & Observation (NIMO) project,
- New SST images with Himawari-8,
- Predicting the abundance of sharks along the NSW coast,
- Real-time ocean forecasts with new eSA-Marine system,
- IMOS welcomes Dr Peter Oke in his new role as the Argo Facility leader,
- Underwater glider sets world distance record,
- IMOS AUV captures an unusually large group of Port Jackson sharks in the Beagle Commonwealth Marine Reserve,
- Data from the IMOS Animal Tracking infrastructure is highlighted in a special issue of Marine and Freshwater Research,
- The New South Wales Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) experience of data submission to the AODN,
- Contributions to sea-level rise have increased by half since 1993, largely because of Greenland’s ice,
- New Sub-Facility joins the Satellite Remote Sensing Facility: Surface Waves,
- Postgraduate Student profile Leanne Currey, Movement of an exploited reef fish across spatial and temporal scales using multiple methods.
To download the latest issue click here.