The Australian Ocean Data Network (AODN) – what are our users’ interests?
Google Analytics and Sumo Reporting
At the AODN we are interested in what is important to our users and prioritising development based on user feedback and requirements. We have employed the use of Google Analytics and Sumo Logic to deliver insights and metrics into usage and to make observations regarding user behaviour and the important aspects of the AODN services.
Some interesting facts –
- On average just under 700 unique users per month access the AODN Portal, and has been recorded as high as almost 1,000
- In Step 1 of the AODN Portal ‘Parameter’ is the facet selected half the time to identify data collections
- In July 2017 – the IMOS SRS MODIS – 01 day –Chlorophyll-a concentration data was the most downloaded dataset with 128 requests
- In June 2017 – 254 unique users downloaded data directly from the AODN Thredds Server
- The AODN Portal has regular users in the United States, China, New Zealand, Indonesia, United Kingdom, France and Germany
- Consistently the most visited page in the AODN Portal User Guide is - Opening netCDF files - including IMOS User Code Library
For comments, feedback or suggestions regarding the AODN Portal please contact us at – info(at)aodn.org.au