His article describes IMOS including:
- that IMOS is an initative of the Australian Government through the National Colloborative Research Infrastrucuture Strategy (NCRIS)
- highlights the collaborative nature of IMOS - both nationally and internationally
- explains the focus on observing the open ocean and its interactions with the Continental Shelf
- describes the role of the IMOS Science Nodes
- lists all the IMOS facilities
- expected outcomes and the importance of ocean observation.
The IMOS article is in the August/September Issue - No. 144.