Blue Water IMOS
- Deployment strategy will aim at filling holes in the observing system as they open up, and target the Tasman Sea as a priority.
Enhanced Measurements on Ships of Opportunity:
- RVs Aurora Australis and Southern Surveyor will have air sea flux packages. A rough outline of their planned activity in the coming year is reflected on the map.
- The use of a Plankton recorder on the Tropical vessels (pink line) has not yet been confirmed.
Southern Ocean Time Series:
- Deployment of the moored profiler and meteorological buoy will be deployed later in the program
- 6 out of 8 National Reference Stations will be deployed by June 2008. Dampier and Darwin will be employed in the next FY.
- NSW-IMOS Mooring plans still subject to changes. Currently plan to deploy Reference station at Port Hacking (PH150) and inshore moorings at PH100 and Coffs Harbour .
- WAIMOS plan to deploy 4 inshore moorings in the first FY.
- SAIMOS starting with low capacity, so plan on deploying just two moorings in first year. The reference station at Kangaroo Island , and a slope mooring.
- GBROOS: The 4 slope moorings and 2 inshore moorings will be in the water by June 2008. The Townsville Reference station may be merged with the Townsville shelf mooring will log data but will be upgraded to transmit data when FAIMMS communications infrastructure comes online.
- ANFOG: two more shallow gliders are available for deployment this year.
- AUV: will undergo trials out of Sydney . The initial field cruise will take place at Ningaloo Reef, the Great Barrier Reef , and the Capricorn group. One additional cruise is yet to be scheduled. This will either be off SW WA , South Australia , or Tasmania .
- ATAAMS: Still selecting site for NSW curtains. Balance of science needs with logistics. SA acoustics will be deployed on moorings.
- FAIMMS: Communications network will be installed at 2-3 sites, and initial instruments will be deployed at 1-2 sites.
- ACORN: Plans for selection of sites and equipment have been finalised. Two further sites will be deployed in 08/09. The 2 sites in Western Australia will be temporary installations, which will be moved part way through the program.